MAKURA NO SOSHI: A WOMAN WHO LOVES INSECTS
.
Thursday, September 04, 2003
HAPPY BLOG-A-VERSARY TO ME(!) . . . EVEN THOUGH I'M A SUCKY BLOGGER?

Long, echoing halloos out there to the blogosphere . . . it has been way, way too long since I last updated my blog, and since I took my somewhat unintentional summer hiatus! I have been heavily invested in real life for awhile, though, which has been good . . . including finalizing my teaching duties prior to my year off for writing, several immense road trips, international romance (and a rather horrifying phone-bill debacle) with the Canadian Dyke, and a more, er . . . probing . . . exploration of the charms of Southern Alberta. Hee.

I've missed the blogging, though. A lot. I did some wondering and worrying, admittedly, last year, about whether or not the blogging was crowding out the "real" writing, or acting as a dilution/distraction/deterrent to the "real" writing, and where/how did the blogging fit into the scheme of things as far as the "real" writing went anyways? (Etc. etc.) I've been doing a lot of this so-called "real" writing over the last month, though, and I think I have a better idea now of where my blog fits into the scheme of things, and in fact it's proven to be immensely useful. I'm so glad I was doing it, and I think I definitely need to do it some more!!

It's strange to think that exactly one year ago today, I posted my first blog entry. I had no idea how engaging, fascinating, or intricate this whole foray into the blogosphere would become! So, it seems fitting to end the (largely unintentional) blogging hiatus on my blog-a-versary. I am very curious to see what this next year will bring.

At the moment, I'm writing from Lethbridge, Alberta, where I've been temporarily shacking up with the Canadian Dyke. It's been really, really nice . . . and I've sort of been pretending that I'm an expatriate writer . . . like Elizabeth Bishop in Brazil and all . . . but it's also about time for me to go home for awhile. So in a few more days here I'll be loading up the Jeep and heading back to South Dakota again. I feel rather melancholy about ending the endless summer and going home, but I miss my cats and I miss my friends.

In the meantime, I hope all of you are well out there in the blogosphere . . . I've missed reading your blogs, and I hope to do more popping in to see what all of you are up to during the next few weeks or so!

Pic of the Day:
Prince of Wales Hotel, in Waterton, Alberta
Posted by Artichoke Heart | 5:07 PM |
Links
Home
Archives
E-mail Artichoke Heart
About
Pictures

Books by Artichoke Heart
Beyond Heart Mountain
Year of the Snake

Poems by Artichoke Heart
Pearls
Hope
Songs for a Rainy Season
Toothpick Warriors
Chrysanthemums
Snake Wife
Happy Hour
Girl With A Bowl On Her Head

Pillow Book Courtiers Of The
East Wing
Blogroll Me!

Pillow Book Courtiers Of The
West Wing
Blogroll Me!

Acknowledgments and Buttons

Oral Sex Donations Accepted