MAKURA NO SOSHI: A WOMAN WHO LOVES INSECTS
.
Friday, March 26, 2004
UM . . .

I wonder what would happen if, rather than dutifully wending my way over to the conference early tomorrow morning to help my colleagues staff the
South Dakota Review table, I just happened to fuck off and, unable to help myself, meandered over to the Art Institute of Chicago, instead . . . where I might blissfully wander through the Contemporary/Modern galleries, not to mention the Arthur Rubloff Paperweight Collection, which contains over 1,400 priceless paperweights -- primarily from the famous French factories of Baccarat, Clichy, St. Louis, and Pantin, and handcrafted during the "golden age" (c. 19th century) of paperweights(!)

Admittedly, I'm the Editor for the winter and spring issues of the South Dakota Review, so I really ought to go and sit at the table. But I'm thinking . . . what would happen if, say, I just happened to flow over there sometime more in the vicinity of the afternoonish hours?

I suppose I have to go and sit at the stinking table.

Because if I didn't, it would be wrong, wouldn't it? (Wouldn't it???)
Posted by Artichoke Heart | 1:38 AM |
Links
Home
Archives
E-mail Artichoke Heart
About
Pictures

Books by Artichoke Heart
Beyond Heart Mountain
Year of the Snake

Poems by Artichoke Heart
Pearls
Hope
Songs for a Rainy Season
Toothpick Warriors
Chrysanthemums
Snake Wife
Happy Hour
Girl With A Bowl On Her Head

Pillow Book Courtiers Of The
East Wing
Blogroll Me!

Pillow Book Courtiers Of The
West Wing
Blogroll Me!

Acknowledgments and Buttons

Oral Sex Donations Accepted