MAKURA NO SOSHI: A WOMAN WHO LOVES INSECTS
.
Thursday, March 25, 2004
UP, UP, AND AWAY

I'm flying out to Chicago tomorrow (well, technically today) to attend the
AWP Conference, where my new book, Year of the Snake, is being launched, and to give a poetry reading on Saturday afternoon in a panel with other poets from the Crab Orchard Award Series in Poetry. SIU Press has made me all of these wonderful postcards which will be passed around at the conference -- featuring the book cover on the front and back-cover blurbage on the back. (Gentle Readers, if you would like to receive a Year of the Snake postcard, simply e-mail me your snail-mail addy, and I'll be happy to send you one!)

Typically, the day before an out-of-town reading/conference, I'm a total mess . . . a veritable pyramid of escalating neuroses usually culminating in a point where I decide that I just really, really do not want to go. Anywhere. Ever.

Plus I ate too much Fiddle Faddle and now I have a stomach ache.

However, the bags are packed with clothes that I will undoubtedly regret having brought and will not want to wear upon arrival, I'm equipped with a ludicrous amount of books which I won't have time to read, a rather formidable To-Do List has been whittled down, a kind friend has been solicited to come and provide cosseting to the cats, I've dug out the Yahoo map to the Omaha Airport to forestall any potential directionally dyslexic driving debacles in transit, and after all this fussing I suppose that I'm just going to have to suck it up and go.

I know that once I hit the road tomorrow morning I'll start to enjoy myself and look forward to the conference, the book-launching, the reading, etc.

Send "good reading" vibes my way if you happen to think of it on Saturday afternoon, and I hope you all have marvelous weekends!
Posted by Artichoke Heart | 12:32 AM |
Links
Home
Archives
E-mail Artichoke Heart
About
Pictures

Books by Artichoke Heart
Beyond Heart Mountain
Year of the Snake

Poems by Artichoke Heart
Pearls
Hope
Songs for a Rainy Season
Toothpick Warriors
Chrysanthemums
Snake Wife
Happy Hour
Girl With A Bowl On Her Head

Pillow Book Courtiers Of The
East Wing
Blogroll Me!

Pillow Book Courtiers Of The
West Wing
Blogroll Me!

Acknowledgments and Buttons

Oral Sex Donations Accepted